FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

@mobile.mycingular.com Users Read!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    cellringtones.com Forum Index -> Ringtone Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 06-29-2003 4:20 am    Post subject: @mobile.mycingular.com Users Read! Reply with quote

If you are having problems receiving ringtones and your phone uses @mobile.mycingular.com, it could be because it appears Cingular has blocked our server or isn't allowing incoming messages. I'm receiving thousands of bounced messages saying:

[quote]
To: ringtone @ cellringtones.com
Subject: failure notice

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<XXXXXXXXXX@mobile.mycingular.com>:
Connected to 66.209.13.131 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550 5.0.0 Access denied
[/quote]

If your ringtone doesn't come in, you may want to try sending the ringtones yourself. To do this, after you have converted the ringtone, take each separate //sckl part and paste that into the body of an email message and email it to your phone's email address. If the ringtone has 3 parts, you'll have to send 3 emails. You can also send the ringtones using Cingular's sms gateway at http://www.cingular.com/sendamessage .

If you do this, please post a message and let us know the results.

Calvin
boomstick

PostPosted: 07-02-2003 10:13 am    Post subject: That works! Reply with quote

Woohoo! That works and it works very well. Just send all the parts in seperate e-mails and once all of them are sent, in about a minute or less you will have a message saying "Ring tone recieved". Not that hard to do, I don't know the model of my phone but it isn't exactly the newest one out there. I sent it threw outlook and all 3 e-mails went at once since there were 3 parts. Basicly, that all works!

PostPosted: 07-03-2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works

PostPosted: 07-03-2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it did not work for me Rolling Eyes i have nokia 6340i
Sherm

PostPosted: 07-09-2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Cingular/Nokia 5165 Reply with quote

Yes, this works. I had to reduce the SMS size from 120 to 100, but it works! Finally! Very Happy
bobobar123

PostPosted: 07-12-2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Motorola Reply with quote

I sent mine through the Cingular site in 4 parts and nothing happened except me getting 4 text messages. I use a motorola. Is there any way for me to make it work?
no_ring_4_me

PostPosted: 07-16-2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked the ringtones I send to my nokia 3360 using sms do not work. The phone shows ringtone recieved but then it displays the name of the song as Tempo 9xxx and just vibrates. no music is played. I am so sad now I think I am going to go bang my head against a wall
Angeluv1109

PostPosted: 07-20-2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: it didnt work Reply with quote

I have sony ericssion t306 and i sent it in two parts and it did not work why is that????
alfius@hotmail.com

PostPosted: 07-20-2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Cingular Crap Reply with quote

I have the Nokia 6340i and I got the first 2 out of 3 emails I sent. The third email I have sent twice now. I haven't received it. I don't understand. I still don't know if it will work. Seems like cingular is blocking all the ringtone places? Does anybody know of any that will work? How about free ones?

PostPosted: 08-06-2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all it did was show ringing tone recieved butno music..i have a 3560 cingular Crying or Very sad Sad Mad
ls3mach

PostPosted: 08-07-2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I sent it via that site. It recieved a ringtone but played no music. When I sent it via outlook I got 3 text messeges but I never recieved the 4th part of it. This is strange.
Dragontrap

PostPosted: 08-13-2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: *sigh* Reply with quote

I did both sending it using the site AND by email. I got no responces either way and I have a new Nokia 3585i. Anyone know of how to get it to go through?
shotcaller88

PostPosted: 08-16-2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks that cingular had to block the site. But now I can send ringtones again!
I'm have an 8265 and besides being a slight pain (by having to send 3 text messages each time) it works great.
Thanks!

PostPosted: 08-17-2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: ringtone Reply with quote

Sad it didnt work for me...i have a nokia 5165....i really want this ringtone...any ideas why cingular blocked the site? i only got 2 of the 3 messages

PostPosted: 08-17-2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: ringtone again Reply with quote

ok...i just received the third message, but I still do not have a ringtone....what am I supposed to do with the three messages, or does it just happen automatically?
Admin_Xp|od

PostPosted: 08-24-2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Nokia 8265i Reply with quote

I've tryed sending the ringtone just normal, but no luck! I tryed sending it at the cingular web site, no luck, what could be the problem

I'm using the Nokia 8265i Confused
Waco

PostPosted: 08-26-2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6340i Reply with quote

I used the cingular.com SMS service (little link in the upper right of their web page), pasted the three lines of converted code as you said, to send three separate mesages, and it worked fine: in a couple minutes got a message saying "Ringing tones received", hit the Options button and selected "Save". Then just went ot the profile to change ring tone and there it was!

Thanks!

PostPosted: 10-15-2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="no_ring_4_me"]Shocked the ringtones I send to my nokia 3360 using text messages do not work. The phone shows ringtone recieved but then it displays the name of the song as Tempo 9xxx and just vibrates. no music is played. I am so sad now I think I am going to go bang my head against a wall[/quote][color=blue][/color]

PostPosted: 10-21-2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cingular/Nokia 5165 Reply with quote

[quote="Sherm"]Yes, this works. I had to reduce the SMS size from 120 to 100, but it works! Finally! Very Happy[/quote]

how did u recieve it please help me, n how long did it take u?
precious

PostPosted: 11-04-2003 9:37 am    Post subject: it did not work Reply with quote

[color=blue][/color] Sad i hav e a sendo and it did not work on my phone

PostPosted: 11-04-2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: it did not work Reply with quote

[quote="precious"][color=blue][/color] Sad i hav e a sendo and it did not work on my phone[/quote]
me

PostPosted: 11-07-2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: AHHHHHHHHHHHH Reply with quote

[color=blue][size=24]it did not work for me Rolling Eyes i have nokia 6340i[/size][/color][i] Sad Sad Sad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil [/i]
accessoriesfanatic

PostPosted: 11-24-2003 11:55 am    Post subject: It Works Reply with quote

I was absolutely ecstatic to find that IT WORKS! I have gone forever without a new ringtone, and here at Christmas, I really needed one. Thanks so much!
gerard

PostPosted: 12-10-2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: am having problems Reply with quote

Hi,
I converted the ringtones and then i tryed sending them to my cell phone but eventually that didn't work.The problem is am in Grenada and the phone company is 'digicel'.If you want to learn more about my company go to www.digicelgrenada.com

If you have any reply please email me at gerard@spiceislander.com
gerard

PostPosted: 12-10-2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: am having problems Reply with quote

Hi,
I converted the ringtones and then i tryed sending them to my cell phone but eventually that didn't work.The problem is am in Grenada and the phone company is 'digicel'.If you want to learn more about my company go to www.digicelgrenada.com

If you have any reply please email me at gerard@spiceislander.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    cellringtones.com Forum Index -> Ringtone Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: